Cops are bad, they suck, are rude, aggressive and they can’t drive? Yes, yes, yes, yes and sadly no. You have to really get your racing skills on to get away from them when they come with those corvettes. So what else can I say: You can do anything you want, just don’t get caught.
11.11.2005 was a long time ago, but at that day, Most Wanted was released by EA. One year after Underground 2 it’s the ninth installment of the Need for Speed series.
You are thrown into a street battle between different drivers, also called “blacklist”. Your challenge and goal is to defeat every racer on the list till you reach the top. To do so, you must earn reputation by evading police, taking them out, avoiding spike-strips and crash into roadblocks. The story kicks of with you loosing your ride to the first blacklist driver, due to a “problem” with your care (no spoilers here). Now after beeing cought by the police you start from the bottom with just a small loan of 1 Million Dollars (just kidding it’s actually about 40k). You have no mods, just basic street legal cars to begin with, no nitro what so ever.
While doing so, you compete against other street racers and earn money to customise your ride and install nitro, better engines and exhaust.
While the graphics are not that good to modern standard (not even FULL HD) but already fits on a 16:9 screen
This game can be modded in many different ways, check here for more
- Klever Police-AI to create sneaky road blocks and are always on your tale
- Catching and actually interesting story
- Rich characters, some really get your gears turning
- 16:9 screen compatible
- A lot of customisations
- Real cars to drive with, no fake names or invented brands
- Different racing modes
- Multiplayer (local and online) gameplay
- Awesome music
MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS
- Windows 2000/XP
- 1.4GHz Processor
- 256MB RAM
- 8X CD-ROM or DVD-ROM Drive
- 3GB Hard Disk Space
- 32MB ATi Radeon 7500 or nVidia GeForce2 MX Class Video Card
- DirectX compatible Sound Card
- DirectX 9.0c
Tricks n’ shit
- When escaping the police, blue circles will appear on the minimap, drive into them to speed up your escape
- Don’t worry about helicopters, if you turn around in a tunnel they might get confused